Wednesday 9 February 2022

Renée Reed - J’ai rêvé EP (2021)

 


GENRE : dream folk, indie folk, dream pop, Cajun, singer-songwriter, acoustic
RECORD LABEL : Keeled Scales

Straight from the prairies, this is a wonderful little fantasy folk EP by Cajun songwriter Renée Reed. It consists of two English language originals and two French cover songs. Instantly her voice reminds me of Hope Sandoval (one of my all-time favourite singers) and 60's French pop extraordinaire Francoise Hardy. These 4 songs are languid and dreamy. It brings to mind hazy summer fields and sweet birdsong, daydreaming amongst the flowers.

After writing this I realized that this EP is actually an accompaniment to her self-titled debut album, which I haven't listened to yet. I was tempted to scrap this write-up and review her full-length album instead, but then I figured that this EP could use some love as a stand-alone release. Why not? I love EPs, and you should definitely give this one a spin. Or at least a good old click.  

Stream/Download the EP here :



No comments:

Post a Comment