Tuesday 15 March 2022

The Bearer of Bad Tidings - Every Day We Sing of Sorrow... (2021)

 


GENRE : harsh noise, dark ambient, drone, experimental, gospel noise, 
RECORD LABEL : Imploding Sounds

I'm really questioning my own sanity (and my mental health in general) when I'm constantly drawn towards a random suicidal noise album I stumbled upon on Bandcamp. I've listened to this album several times in the past few weeks. It's miserable, depressive, terrifying and creepy...but it's so damn good!

The Bearer of Bad Things is a solo music project from Saratov, Russia - a person who calls themselves ''D.S''. The album begins with a warped sample of a black gospel song that repeats and recurs over and over again throughout the glorious 17 minutes of dark suicidal noise that makes up the opening track 'Descending'. It sucks you in and doesn't let up until the entire album is done, and you're done. I don't know why I find this album to be so awesome. I just do. Give it a go, if you dare.

Stream/Download the album here...





No comments:

Post a Comment