Sunday 6 February 2022

Lola Pistola - Lizard EP (2020)

 


GENRE : alternative grunge, alternative rock, punk, rock n roll
RECORD LABEL : self-released

Crushing is the word that instantly came into my head when I heard this, and the same word that remained in my head after the four songs were over. This is heavy, ballsy, thunderous rock n' roll that not only shakes the walls - it destroys the walls.

Lola Pistola is a two-person alt-grunge rock n roll band, consisting Brooklyn-based songwriter/musician Lola Pistola on vocals/guitars, and Robert Preston Collum on drums. I'd personally like to hear some bass in this band, but it's certainly awesome as is. The vocals are fierce yet melodic, and the instrumentation is intensely heavy. I love it. 

I think that fans of Torche, Kyuss and P.J Harvey will dig this EP. 

Stream/Download the EP here :



No comments:

Post a Comment